Plantain porridge with ripe plantains? YUP
I know a lot of you are raising brows already, asking yourself questions like ‘how would that even work?’ I remember seeing this first on @dooneyskitchen’s instagram page and I just knew I had to try it out.
When my mum saw me cooking she was so annoyed, considering that I was making iftaar for quite a large number of people and she did not want to take any chances but after begging her for roughly 20 minutes, she agreed and when every was done eating, they were literally licking fingers then she asked for the recipe. SMH.
How to make it
• Boil all the assorted meat in a pot add the seasoning including onions and leave to cook.
• Cut the plantains into fairly small round bits.
• With the meat stock, boil the plantains till they are soft.
• Add palm oil and very little pepper paste to make it thick
• Then add the assorted meat to the mixture.
What you’ll need:
• Palm oil
• Assorted meat
• Pepper paste (tomato, red bell pepper and habanero)
• Seasoning (Salt, curry powder and Knorr cubes)
There you have it: Your plantain porridge with ripe plantains.